Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Are In-ground Dog Fences Cruel and Unusual Punishment?


One of the biggest questions that comes to peoples minds when they are considering in-ground dog fences is, "Is It Safe for My Dog?"  Because an in-ground dog fence will deliver a small electric shock through the collar that the dog wears around its neck, people are concerned whether this is cruel to their dogs.  Let me start by saying, I love my dogs very much!  I would never do anything to them nor would I recommend anyone else do anything to their dogs that I thought was going to cause them harm.  That being said, in-ground dog fences are meant to train your dogs.  If you use them as such, then you should have nothing to worry about.  
The dog containment systems (http://www.baddogsupplies.com/fences.htmlare set up so that your dog will first receive a warning beep if they get to close to the boundary.  If they continue towards the boundary at that point then they will also get the small electric shock.  Now, the shock that your animal is getting is about the equivalent of you receiving a small electric shock after you have been shuffling around in your sock feet in your carpet and then touch a metal object.  Does it hurt, NO, but it will get your attention real quick.  That is what these systems are meant to do.  Most of your dog containment systems will also come with the flags which you set up around the boundary so that your dogs can also see where the boundary is as you begin to train them.  Additional flags are available if your dog containment system does not come with enough.  Yes, you do have to train them.  Putting the fence in place without training your dogs as to the boundary and consequences of crossing the boundary would be more cruel to your dog or dogs.
None of us, I hope, want to create any undue pain for our pets.  I hope you have pets because you are a pet lover to begin with.  But the small correction shock that your dog will feel as you train them with these systems is nothing in comparison to the pain that they will feel if they run off and are injured by a passing car or something else.  Besides that, by giving them an area in which they can run and play rather then chained up to one spot all day, you will be giving them much more freedom, happiness, and exercise.  
So, if the only thing holding you back from owning an in-ground dog fence or wireless dog fence is the concern of the correction, then you can rest assured that they will be just fine.  Many, many vets, trainers, and other individuals can vouch for the safety of these systems when they are used in the way they were designed for, which is for the training of your dog as to the perimeter of your yard.  
As always, we can help you with all of you dog containment system needs.  Visit us at:  http://www.baddogsupplies.com/page/page/8408616.htm for all of your dog supply needs.  I hope this has helped you so that you can make an informed choice when it comes to training your dog or dogs with an in-ground or wireless dog fence.




6 comments:

  1. I hope you have pets because you are a pet lover to begin with. But the small correction shock that love this site your dog will feel as you train them with these systems is nothing in comparison to the pain that they will feel if they run off and are injured by a passing car or something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment Muhammad. I agree with your comment about the injuries they could potentially sustain if not trained properly and they escape. I am a dog lover. I grew up with dogs in our family and we currently own two wonderful dogs now, a German Shepard and a lab/Shepard mix. I love, love, love my dogs! They are a part of our family and I would never make any recommendations for any products here or elsewhere that I would not or have not used myself or that I thought could potentially cause harm to my own dogs. Thanks again for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice I also share with you something hope this helpful for you. The fence may be a structure of any material, a ditch, an embankment or a vegetative barrier (eg hedge). It does not include a retaining wall or the wall of a building.The cost of a dividing fence includes the cost of all related fencing work, such as preparation of the land, as well as the design, construction, replacement, repair and maintenance of the fence.Check it out thanks.
    Newcastle fencing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very enjoyed for this blog. It help me very much to solve some problems. Thanks a lot for sharing this with all of us. I appreciate it very much! Looking forward to another great blog!

    Kind Regards,

    Colin Seal
    click this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment Colin, it is much appreciated! I love that you follow the blog and hopefully you find some of our other blog posts just as useful. Thanks again.

      Delete
  5. I must say that this one is the result of great creativity. Also useful, plus cost is also less for this.

    Kind Regards,

    Colin Seal
    you can look here

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is awaiting moderation and will appear on our blog as soon as approved. Thank you for your patience.